@BRANTBELIEVESIN PHOTO CONTEST
@BrantBelievesIn is starting a social media campaign that highlights the beauty & the diversity of people in our community. We invite all Brantford and County of Brant residents to submit a photo via Instagram or email that represents one of the following themes:
#Diversity #Inclusion #Community #Equality
Upload your image to Instagram, include the appropriate hashtag (#Diversity, #Inclusion, #Equality, or #Community) and tag @BrantBelievesin or email your photo submission to Brantbelievesin@gmail.com . We look forward to seeing your photos!
Photos must be submitted by Friday March 22, 2019 and comply with all rules and regulations.
To view our judging criteria please click on the link below.
To view a pdf version of the @Brantbelievesin Photo Contest Poster, please click on the link below.
LIVING LIBRARY EVENT POSTER
To view a pdf version of the Living Library Event Poter, please click on the link below.
@BRANTBELIEVESIN PHOTO CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS
Please read the information below carefully.
You may enter the Contest between 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on February 25, 2019 and 11:59 p.m. ET on March 22, 2019 (the “Contest Period”)
General Contest rules (applicable to all submissions)
- The submission of your photo entry to the contest is your acknowledgement of, and agreement to, the terms and conditions of the contest.
- Photographs can only be submitted the following ways: Instagram or email
- By submitting a photo to this contest the entrant agrees to give the @BrantBelievesIn committee CONSENT to:
a) Produce, reproduce, and make copies of the photo entry.
b) Distribute, exhibit, and disseminate the photo entry, including but not limited to, communications, advertising and promotional materials.
c) Release your name for the purpose of announcing winners, promoting any media campaign platform
d) Include your name in any disclaimer pertaining to the submission (Disclaimer: Created by [individual’s name(s)] in the @BrantBelievesIn Photo Contest sponsored by the @BrantBelievesIn committee.)
- This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram.
- If submitting through Instagram:
- To enter the Contest, log into your Instagram account (note: must be a valid, public account) and upload a post during the Entry Period that (i) tags @BrantBelievesIn, (ii) contains an original photograph that is inspired by the theme you have selected: Diversity, Inclusion, Community, Equality (Pick only one) , and (iii) includes your theme as a hashtag.
- If submitting through email –
- Send an email to Brantbelievesin@gmail.com during the Contest Entry Period, specifying your name, email address, selected theme and including an original photograph that is inspired by the theme you have selected, either: Diversity, Inclusion, Community, and Equality.
- The @BrantBelievesIn photo contest is open to anyone who lives in Branford and Brant County
- Each contest participant may submit 1 photo per theme. Each photo submission must be uploaded or emailed one at a time.
- All photos must be original, taken by the entrant. You must not submit a photo created by someone else. You must be the sole owner of all rights to the photo you submit.
- Your photo must depict one of the four themes: Diversity, Inclusion, Community, and Equality.
- Photos cannot be previously published in any manner, nor entered in any other contest.
- Photos must not infringe on copyright or other intellectual property rights and therefore should not include any brand name items or company logos. If the piece includes images from popular culture (e.g. the image of a famous person, an album cover, or a company logo) entrants must prove that they have permission to include it, or the submission will be disqualified.
- If there are identifiable individuals in the photo (i.e. you can see the face), it is the entrants’ responsibility to obtain verbal consent to use that photo, prior to submission of the entry. If any individual is under the age of 18, verbal consent must be given by the individuals’ parent or legal guardian.
- By submitting a photo to this contest, the entrant agrees to give the @BrantBelievesIn Committee the exclusive, irrevocable right to use, edit, reproduce, publish and transmit the submitted photo and information provided throughout the world in any media, website, publication, advertising / marketing / promotional materials and electronic media without any additional compensation.
- By participating in the contest you agree to hold harmless the @BrantBelievesIn Committee, and its employees, agents and representatives from any, and all damages, injuries, claims, causes of actions, or losses of any kind resulting from your participation in this contest, including infringement of another person’s intellectual property rights. You also release the @BrantBelievesIn Committee and its employees, agents and representatives from any responsibility or liability for any damages, injuries, claims, and causes of actions or losses of any kind you may incur or suffer arising in whole or in part from your participation in this contest.
- Additionally, each entrant will grant permission to the @BrantBelievesIn Committee to contact them, using the contact information that was provided, regarding any matters related to the photograph they have submitted.
- All photos, regardless of whether or not they contain people must not be obscene, indecent, depict violence or any discrimination. Such photos will be disqualified from the contest. The @BrantBelievesIn Committee will determine, in its sole discretion, what constitutes such content.
- The entrant agrees that they will not permit the submitted photo to be used by any other entity, without the written consent of the @BrantBelievesIn Committee.
- All submissions received after Friday March 22, 2019 11:59 p.m. ET, will not be eligible to participate in the contest. Entries received without an identified theme (Diversity, Inclusion, Community, or Equality) will not be eligible to participate in the contest.
- Members of the @BrantBelievesIn Committee, the Grand River Healthy Communities Collaborative, and their family members may submit photos but are not eligible to win a prize.
- The contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable Federal, Provincial and Municipal laws and regulations. Any dispute arising hereunder shall be adjudicated in the applicable court.
• 1 Prize will be awarded for each theme.
• The four prizes will be of equal value and include: Tablet, Fitbit, 2 Gift Cards.
• The winning photo for each theme will be selected through a voting process.
• Prior to the voting process the @Brantbelievesin committee will select 30 photo submissions for each theme that will be displayed at the @BrantBelievesIn Living Library Event. These photos will be selected based on the following criteria: First Impression, Creativity, and theme.
• The top 30 finalist for each theme will be able to pick up a printed copy of their photo submission after 4pm, following the completion of the Living Library Event.
• Everyone who attends the @BrantBelievesIn Living Library Event will receive one ballot per theme to vote for their favourite photo. Voting will take place from 1-3:30pm.
• Winning photos will be announced before the end of the event at 4pm.
Entrants whose photos will be on display, will be contacted with an invitation to the @BrantBelievesIn Living Library Event.
• Participants who have submitted a winning photo and are not at the Living Library Event, at the time of the announcement will be notified by April 5th, 2019. Participants then have five (5) days to respond to this notification. If participants don’t respond by this time, their photo will be disqualified, and will not be eligible for the contest prizes and the photo with the second highest number of votes will be selected as the winner instead.
• The @BrantBelievesIn Committee reserves the right to disqualify any contestant it has reason to believe does not comply with the contest rules. If after the awarding of the contests prizes, a contest winner is disqualified or determined to be ineligible, an alternative winner will be selected using the same judging process/criteria described above. Alternate winners are subject to all requirements set forth in these rules.
CONTEST CONTACT INFORMATION
Questions? Concerns? Trouble uploading photos?